All our work at Westlea Primary School is guided and informed by our mission statement:
LEARNING IS A TREASURE WHICH ACCOMPANIES ITS OWNER EVERYWHERE
At Westlea Primary School we learn together to achieve success for all.
At Westlea Primary School we aim to:
- Develop true potential, with success for all within a safe, creative environment.
- Provide a caring ethos with respect and empathy throughout, developing a sense of citizenship.
- Value honesty and promote good behaviour.
- Lay the foundations for life-long learning, fostering links with the wider community.
- Nurture the growth of the whole child celebrating all achievement.
We aim to make everyone’s time at Westlea S chool an enjoyable and rewarding experience and achieve our mission statement by:
- promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning
- providing a rich and stimulating curriculum
- encouraging the development of self – confidence, self – discipline and healthy living
- developing a spiritual awareness
- promote a Christian ethos whilst respecting other people’s faith
- welcoming the involvement of parents and other members of the local community
- expecting everybody to understand their own right s and take responsibility to respect the rights of others
- expecting everybody to make a positive contribution to our school, the wider community and our planet
- providing an environment where all feel safe from bullying and discrimination.
The November 2014 DfE Guidance on ‘Promoting British Values as part of SMSC development in schools’ states:
‘All maintained schools must meet the requirements set out in section 78 of the Education Act 2002 and promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development of their pupils. Through ensuring pupils’ S MSC development, schools can also demonstrate they are actively promoting fundamental British values….
Schools should promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.’
You can view or download further information about our approach to British Values at Westlea Primary School by clicking the document below:
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.